Monday, October 17, 2011

Falling In Love With Fall .... All Over Again

Greetings blog readers! 
It just so happens that this is a particularly dreary Monday, and I am already missing the weekend. Perhaps it is because my weekend was 100% fantabulous. Yes. I said FANTABULOUS. Why? Did I go on an amazing trip? Not even close. I spent almost the entire weekend in my cozy little home with my Husband and fur-children doing autumn-y things. It was glorious.
Friday night kicked everything off with watching one of my favorite, albeit not the best acted, movies from my childhood; Hocus Pocus. I believe my love affair with S.J.P. began there.
Saturday, after a station event, I went home and performed one of my more beloved October rituals; The Carving of the Pumpkins. Every year Jeremy and I have so much fun with this. I don't know if it is because it reminds me of carving pumpkins with my Dad when I was young or what, but it truly is one of my favorite fall things. We had our scentsy warmer going with caramel apple wax melting and wafting the fall scent through the house, and the smell of pumpkin also hung heavy. It was a warm and fuzzy kind of feeling, if you will. 


Then finally on Sunday I went into project mode right from the start of the morning by painting a pumpkin. Now Pumpkin painting isn't something I normally do, but I had an idea and went with it. This happened to turn out great! Something I will surely try again. Metallic paint made it look oh-so-great! Then I made some fall themed cupcakes and enjoyed the American Sunday tradition of watching the NFL. The night ended with The Walking Dead season 2 premier on AMC (AMAZING), and Dexter on Showtime.
I so much wish ALL weekends were as lovely as this last one..

1 comment:

  1. nice stuff. looking forward to seeing all the other clever stuff you make. I'm hoping themed headbands for ralphie.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think here: