Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Saturday in Amish Country...

Jeremy and I got up and around today and made a little trip into Amish Country. We went to a couple different little grocery stores, and some general stores, and it got me thinking about how excited I am for the holidays! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am going to do as much homemade gift giving as I can, and so it was really neat to wander and get ideas.
However, it does seem apparent, that I am going to have to order some things online so that I am able to make a few of the gifts that I want. It is too bad that the nearest craft store is about 2 hours away. I have a couple options here where I live, but not a ton, and generally, I have to go to a few different places to get what I need. Alas, I shall be making a supplies trip sooner rather than later.
What are y'all doing for the holidays? I am hoping to see more homemade things floating around! It is so much more meaningful, and sitting down and making something can be so rewarding!
Speaking of making something....I sat down to do a window paint today, and wound up hating it! Every once in a while I will be making something, and when I am done, I don't like it at all. The nice thing about window painting is that I can just scrape it off and start new another day.  So that is what I shall do.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think here: