Thursday, November 17, 2011

A forgotten project...

This little green corner shelf was given to me by my mother. (I realize this photo is horribly small, but it is the only one that I had of it "before".) It is hunter green, with roosters painted on the doors. Roosters. Now anyone who knows me, knows that I am scared of birds, and therefore roosters aren't really my thing...at all. So after having this green, rooster-y thing in the house for a little more than a year. I decided one day to change it into something that I enjoy looking at, and that is more my style.

So one random Saturday while Jeremy went to watch football with the boys, I turned the game on here at the house, and went to work. I busted out the white paint, and started in on what I thought would be an all day project. I really expected to have to put coat after coat of white over the green, but to my surprise, (thankfully) it only took about two coats of white to hide the old, less attractive shade of green. Once I had my new white base, I redecorated the pulls on the doors, and embellished them a little differently. Then out came the sand block and I went to work sanding edges to make it look a little more "rustic". I was quite happy with how it turned out, and Jeremy was even impressed! (He didn't think it would work out, that the green would be too hard to cover.....He of little faith... ;) I sure showed him!) What do you think?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think here: