Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Happy New Year, Lovelies!
I am so excited to get started with the new year, and what a start did I have to this one!
I won my fantasy league (Something that I am very proud of, as I am the only female in the league with my husband and a bunch of our friends) Girl Power!
I also won a new apron from Cheryl's Sewing! Not bad for the first day of the year I would think!

I also kicked the year off with a new project too. I haven't done anything in a while, and I got some AWESOME-SAUCE stuff for Christmas, so I thought that I should get to work.
One of my favorite things was supplies to make mason jar soap containers. This is how my first one turned out:

Pin It

I think that it turned out pretty good! I think that these are so adorable, and I have wanted one for such a long time, but I REFUSE to spend what I have seen them priced at! So in true hobbyist fashion, I made my own! I used burlap on this one. Frustrated that the only fabric that I have currently is Christmas-y, Jeremy made the suggestion that I could just paint a strip of burlap. DUH! How did I not think of that?!
So I took his advise, and did just that.

Here is a closer look:


What do you think? I think it turned out pretty well for my first shot! I am excited to do more of these, and will likely be selling some as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback! Let me know what you think here: